Hollywood & Hometown
We love a good Hometown Do It Yourself (DIY) activity! These decorative bowls are perfect for brunch decor, eating a tasty bowl of ice cream, or a great gift to give a friend. The best part about this DIY is that it costs less than $5.00 to make and about 10 minutes of your time.
See the easy steps after the break!
-White or Black Ceramic Bowls, Cups, and/or Plates (Can be purchased at Dollar Tree)
-A plastic bowl large enough for dipping (one that you don't mind disposing after the activity)
-Nail Polish (colors of your choice)
-Newspaper, cardboard, or paper plate
1. Fill your plastic bowl about 3/4 with warm water.
2. Using your selected nail polish colors, drizzle each polish in the water one by one in a zig-zag or circular pattern. For our's, we layered the darker color on the bottom and them drizzled the lighter colors on top in a wave patter.
3. Take your ceramic cup, bowl, or plate and dip it in the water and carefully remove it. You'll noice it's almost like a marble skin' on the surface. If you still have some untouched space on the bowl/cup/plate and there's still some polish floating on the surface, you can dip it in again.
4. Once complete, set upside down on newspaper, cardboard, or paper plate. It might be best to just hold the item for a 1 minute or two before placing on drying surface to avoid it sticking. You can even use a hairdryer if you need it to dry quicker.
5. Repeat steps 1-4 for the rest of your items and enjoy your custom-crafted masterpiece!
*NOTE: These are NOT microwave or dishwasher safe, so please be careful. If you plan on eating out of the bowls, avoid getting the polish INSIDE your cup or bowl.
Red Carpets, Hollywood Events. Local Events, DIY, Crafts. All of the Lights.